KSH question - there's gotta be a w

authorplaceholder at tiger.UUCP.UUCP authorplaceholder at tiger.UUCP.UUCP
Tue Jan 27 01:26:00 AEST 1987

>But I can't find it in the man page.  How do I get the shell to
>show me the definition for a function, as opposed to an alias?  The
>command "typeset -f" will list defined functions.  Suppose I want to
>see what function "foo" is defined to be?  "whence -v" would be the
>natural candidate, but it just says "foo is a function".
>--
>
>Bob McQueer
>{amdahl, sun, mtxinu, hoptoad, cpsc6a}!rtech!bobm

Try "functions foo".  This will list out the function declaration for
"foo".  If you want all function definitions, just
type "functions".

J. Allen Schones	 UUCP: ihnp4!occrsh!tiger!jal
AT&T Technologies	PHONE: (405) 491-4950
Oklahoma City Works      MAIL: 7725 W. Reno
			       Oklahoma City, OK 73125