Unix Communications Protocols

Greg Corson milo at ndmath.UUCP
Tue Jan 13 05:59:50 AEST 1987

I need some information on what types of protocol handlers are provided with
a System V or BSD 4.3 source code.  I am sure I could find some of this
information by calling AT&T but I would also like some comments on how well
the stuff they supply works.

What kind of communications protocol handlers are supplied with the source code
to these versions?  Specifically I am looking for things like X.25, TCP/IP,
ARPA, SNA...etc.  Any type of syncronus or asyncronus protocols that might
be of use in communicating to other computers.

I want to see how many machines around here would have a protocol that is
supported by the Unix Source (I already know about most commercial offerings
so I only am interested in what comes with the Unix Source)

Greg Corson
...seismo!iuvax!kangaro!milo