Compaq upgrade questions

Karl T. Braun kral braun at drivax.UUCP
Wed Jan 7 04:21:20 AEST 1987

[]

I have a standard compaq plus.  The internal 10 meg hard disk ceased to be
sufficient about a year ago, and I've reached the point where I really want
to do something about it.  The two options I've considered are

a)	replace the internal 10 meg with an internal 20 meg.

	The questions I have about this concern the power supply.  I've already
	had to replace the original, and I understand that this is a fairly
	common problem on the compaq plus.  So I'm wondering if the current
	powersupply will be sufficient for a 20 (or 30, for that matter) meg
	disk, particularly one with decent access time.

b)	adding a secondary external disk, which can be disconnected and left
	behind when the compaq goes traveling.

Anybody have any suggestions or comments?

--
kral		408/647-6112		...!{amdahl,ihnp4}!drivax!braun
"Who is Number One?"			"You are, Number Six!"