ulimit considered braindamaged ?

rbl at nitrex.UUCP rbl at nitrex.UUCP
Fri Jan 9 06:01:54 AEST 1987

In:
>From: ekrell at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Eduardo Krell)

>Eduardo says:
>In System V Release 3, ULIMIT is a tunable parameter that can be changed
>(and then a new kernel can be made) without sources.
>--
>
>    Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill

Last January, AT&T Hot Line provided us a program that permitted the ulimit
to be raised without recompiling.  Our system is SVR2 on a 3B2/300 upgraded
to a 3B2/310.

This C program required creating a new /bin/login.

P.S.  I have nothing but praise for the Hot Line support staff!!!  They have
been kind, patient and persistent in solving any and all problems.

Robin Lake
decvax!cwruecmp!nitrex!rbl
ihnp4!cbatt!nitrex!rbl