ulimit considered braindamaged ?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Tue Jan 20 19:24:02 AEST 1987

In article <7531 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
-> ...  Any idea whether it will
-> be any more expensive for a commercial upgrade from 2.0 to 3.1
-> than from 2.0 to 3.0?
-Silly question, Doug -- when you ask AT&T "will <new> be more expensive
-than <old>?", the answer is invariably "yes"!  :-)

The reason I am concerned is that $22K is already approaching the
limit for relatively simple procurement for many organizations.
If the amount crosses the $25K line, it may actually generate
less revenue for AT&T, not more.  (Not that I want to maximize
AT&T profits, but I would like to be able to get the upgrade.)