Security mailing list, anyone?

dan at leadsv.UUCP dan at leadsv.UUCP
Sat Jan 17 14:09:54 AEST 1987

In article <333 at rlgvax.UUCP>, dennis at rlgvax.UUCP (Dennis Bednar) writes:

> I friend of mine who worked here said he once heard about
> a book that listed about 100 different ways to break into UNIX,
> or security holes in UNIX (I'm not sure which).
>
> He never saw the book, though.  Was there really such a book
> printed?

The book is probably:

	UNIX System Security
	Patrick H. Wood/Stephen G. Kochan
	Hayden Book Company
	cost: ???
	ISBN 0-8104-6267-2

It covers "practical information for improving program, data, network, and
access security" on UNIX.

Dan Gold
Lockheed Missiles & Space Company, Inc.

UUCP: ...!{atlas1, cae780, cfcl, endotsew, esl,
          excelan, hhb, hoptoad, krent, lll-lcc,
          mycroft, rtgvax, scampi, sunncal, tdms2}!leadsv!dan

INTERNET: ucdavis!lll-lcc!leadsv!dan at ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU