One terminal <==> many processes. How?

jimpa at f103a.UUCP jimpa at f103a.UUCP
Wed Jan 28 16:27:02 AEST 1987

We are looking for something that would allow a user to switch
between several processes. This will require an update of the screen
every time the user select a new process. Since we want this to work
with any kind of software written for SysV, we can't relay on the
software for doing the update. This means that we need some kind of
screen-image of every process kept in memory, wich will be dumped on
the screen before a new process is attached to the terminal. It
isn't possible to make the terminal send it's screen back to the
system. Besides the screen-image, we need a copy of the current
stty settings.

We know that some parts of this can be solved using shl, but how do
we manage the updating of the screen-image?

We are using a NCR Tower-32 and a Tower XP with SVR2.

Anything that has just a little connection to this problem is very
appreciated.
Please reply through net mail.

       fff				!
     fffffff	F|rsvarets		! In real life: enea!f103a!jimpa
   ffff   ffff  Rationaliserings	! In other life:  Jim Svensson
  fff           Institut.		!
ffffffffff iii				! Snail mail:	FRI
  fff		The Swedish		! 		Box 80008
  fff rrrr iii	Institute of		!		104 50 STOCKHOLM
  fff rrr  iii	Defence Organization	!		SWEDEN
  fff rr   iii	and Management.		! Phone:	+46 8 788 95 03
  fff rr   iii				!