POPI, what is this?

Mike Stump aeusemrs at csun.UUCP
Thu Jan 22 17:11:21 AEST 1987

In article <2819 at brl-adm.ARPA> black at ee.UCLA.EDU (Rex Black) writes:
>How about the Z80 instruction "POPI"?  Someone at Zilog must have been
>eating their spinach!

>Disclaimer:  The preceding was produced by a random-character generator
>using digitized Led Zeppelin albums played backwards as the seeds.

I have written many things in Z-80, (Lisp system, Disk debuger...)
and I have never run across a documentable `POPI'.  If you are up
on your undocumented instrutions, this almost looks like a canidate,
but if you think about it, there are no 8-bit pops, or pushes.
[elaboration:  If you could `POP H' or `POP L', then you probably
could `POP I' (the `I' of IX), or `POP I' (the `I' of IY). ]
I  think you might of meant `POP IY'.?    Good disclaimer...
--
Mike Stump, Cal State Univ, Northridge Comp Sci Department
uucp: {sdcrdcf, ihnp4, hplabs, ttidca, psivax, csustan}!csun!aeusemrs