Help with writing a UNIBUS device driver

ehrlich at psuvax1.UUCP ehrlich at psuvax1.UUCP
Sat Jan 17 00:23:54 AEST 1987

If anyone has suggestion on where to find information on how to write a
UNIBUS device driver for BSD 4.3 UNIX I would appreciate hearing from you.
Section 6 in "Building Kernels with Config" is very terse and only refers
one to vaxuba/uba.c for further information.  "The UNIX I/O System" by
Dennis Ritchie is geared towards Version 7 with the note "still helpful
for those writing device drivers".  It is not clear to me if this is a
true statement.

Any pointers, help or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--Daniel Ehrlich
UUCP:     {burdvax,cbosgd,cmcl2,pitt,ihnp4}!psuvax1!ehrlich
CSNET:    ehrlich at penn-state.csnet  USPS: The Pennsylvania State University
INTERNET: ehrlich at psuvax1.psu.edu         Department of Computer Science
BITNET:   ehrlich at psuvax1.bitnet          333 Whitmore Laboratory
BELL:     +1 814 863 1142                 University Park, PA   16802
Quote: "The sky is blue so we know where to stop mowing."  Judge Harold T. Stone
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect the
            opinions, or policies, of The Pennsylvania State University or the
            Department of Computer Science.