DEC error messages (was foo?)

stevem at fai.UUCP stevem at fai.UUCP
Thu Jan 29 11:53:21 AEST 1987

In article <892 at ulowell.UUCP> page at ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) writes:

>    DEC's OS/8 had three ways to invoke TECO - they were TECO, MAKE and
>    MUNG.  If that in itself was not funny, if you ever typed:
>    	MAKE LOVE
>    You would get the response:
>    	Not war?
>    and TECO would then fire up as usual.
>
>    Alas - I can find nothing funny about VMS.  DEC goes corporate.

Under RSX-11M+ (at around 1983) when the machine was too busy and you
tried to issue another command to the Master Control Routine, it would
respond with "MCR -- later."
--

		Steven A. Minneman (Fujitsu America Inc, San Jose, Ca)
		!seismo!amdahl!fai!stevem  or !ihnp4!pesnta!fai!stevem

The best government is no government at all.