Microport System V/AT

David L. Smith ee161aba at sdcc18.ucsd.EDU
Sat Jan 10 16:19:13 AEST 1987

In article <2230 at brl-adm.ARPA> lesh at BRL.ARPA (ISC | howard) writes:

>	Has anyone had any experience with the Microport System V/AT?
>Any comments concerning documentation, ease of installation, missing Unix
>utilities, software robustness(sic?) or anything else you think may be of
>interest would be appreciated.

I've currently got Microport running.  I'm very pleased with it, although it
does have bugs, but Microport has been pretty good about supporting me.
As far as I can tell, it has all the stuff System V is supposed to have.
A couple of features, such as shell layering, don't work yet but R.S.N.

Documentation is standard man pages in the IBM PC manual size.  Installation
is a breeze.  I got the system installed in under an hour.

If you've got specific questions, feel free to drop me mail.  You want at
least a meg and a half of RAM to run in.  Anything less and the system
runs very slowly.

--
			Cheers,
			David L. Smith