why learn UNIX

Edward J Cetron cetron at utah-cs.UUCP
Wed Jan 21 03:53:23 AEST 1987

In article <197 at nbc1.UUCP> abs at nbc1.UUCP (Andrew Siegel) writes:
->> In article <3700002 at hpfcph.HP.COM> dalem at hpfcph.HP.COM ( Dale McCluskey) writes:
->> 	funny, I know of no dcl shells for unix, but I know of two vms
->> 'shells' which emulate unix (including pipes, redirection...) and only
->> one of the two is from dec (the other is public domain) and at least two
->> full unix emulators (more than just the shell, libraries, system calls, etc)
->> for vms - has anyone yet seen a vms emulator for unix ???  :-)
->>
->> -ed cetron
->
->Kinda shot yourself in the foot, there, Ed.
->
->Ever consider that the reason there are no VMS utilities for UNIX is
->because no one *wants* one?

	Of course no one wants one, once you use VMS you love it so much you
never want to leave.... .5:-)    and besides, if you want to migrate from
VMS to a more compact, faster, more flexible, neater, UNDERSTANDABLE operating
system, you move over to RSX-11M+ anyway.....

-ed