ulimit considered braindamaged ?

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.uucp
Tue Jan 6 02:17:52 AEST 1987

IN article <166 at herman.UUCP>, det at herman.UUCP (Derek Terveer) wrote:
>You can change the system-wide default value for ulimit by, assuming of course
>that you have a source code license, changing a constant in the unix source and
>simply recompiling.  I believe the constant is called MAXWRITE or something
>like that.  If you really want to know the details, get back to me.

It isn't even necessary to have a source code license.  For the record, all
that appears necessary is to up the ulimit in rc2 so that cron and processes
cron runs hvae a higher ulimit, and to modify one of the public domain login
programs to up the ulimit.  The cron ulimit should be as high or higher than
the ulimit for any user from login; if not, there is a problem trying to run
"at" or "batch" jobs (or you could modify /usr/lib/cron/.proto I suppose).
--
James R. Van Artsdalen   ...!ut-sally!utastro!bigtex!james   "Live Free or Die"
Voice: (512)-323-2675  Modem: (512)-323-2773  5300B McCandless, Austin TX 78756