kermit

Chris Rouch crouch at btnix.UUCP
Fri Apr 8 02:49:09 AEST 1988

HELP!!

I'm trying to transfer binary files from a vax running unix to an IBM PC
lookalike using kermit (C-KERMIT 4.2(030) at the unix end, MSKERMIT 2.29 at the
IBM end). At the unix end I type set file type binary, and server. At the IBM
end I type get filename. Kermit seems to manage the first 2 packets but then
keeps retrying until it gives up. I've tried altering things like packet size
and end of line character, but this hasn't helped.

If anyone has successfully transferred binary files from unix to msdos using
kermit, could they please mail me with the settings they used.

Thanks

		Chris Rouch

vax to vax (UUCP)       CRouch at axion.bt.co.uk (...!ukc!btnix!crouch)
desk to desk            RT3124, 310 SSTF,
			British Telecom Research Laboratories,
			Martlesham Heath, IPSWICH, IP5 7RE, UK.
voice to voice          +44 473 646093

	"Ours is not to look back, ours to continue the crack."