3B2 uucico blues

Jon A. Tankersley zjat02 at apctrc.UUCP
Sun Apr 10 14:35:45 AEST 1988

It has been a while for the 3B2, but here goes anyway.

There is/was a problem with any real binary traffic on anything besides the
contty/console ports on the 3B2.  Short of full uuencode/uudecode of the
files, try using these ports.  Get a copy of the uu[en|de]code programs if
you can.  They were not part of the SysV.2 if I remember correctly.  Also
kermit/xmodem/ymodem/zmodem are good candidates, but they are not quite as
automatic as uucp.

P.S. I know the contty ports work - I uucp'd lots of binaries from a loaner
3B2 to our purchased 3B2 - including Unify with Databases, News software,
etc.

-tank-