mkdir(2)

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Wed Apr 13 11:59:01 AEST 1988

In article <568 at mccc.UUCP>, pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
> I'm trying to compile the latest rzszzm stuff, but ran into the following:
>
> 	undefined			first referenced
> 	  symbol  			  in file
> 	mkdir                               rz.o
> 	ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to rz
>
> My SysVr3 Programmer's Reference Manual has a nice description of
> mkdir(2), so I don't understand what's causing the error.  Is my
> interpretation -- ld can't find a function called mkdir in its libraries
> -- correct?

The kernel has it but your PCC2 (or C Issue 3) libraries don't
have the little gateway functions.  Your long-term fix is to get
the latest compilers to get the library that contains them.

A short-term hack is to do:

	$ cat > mkdir.s
		.globl	mkdir
		.globl	_cerror
	mkdir:	MOVW	&4,%r0
		MOVW	&0x280,%r1
		GATE
		BGEUB	noerror
		JMP	_cerror
	noerror:RET
	^D
	$ as mkdir.s

Now include "mkdir.o" in your compile lines.  The other SVR3-specific
functions in the C library work the same way, but not all of them
have "quick-and-dirty" interfaces (signal stuff is ugly).

--
Steve Friedl   V-Systems, Inc.   "Yes, I'm jeff at unh's brother"
friedl at vsi.com  {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl  attmail!vsi!friedl