RFS vs. NFS

Meeks dwm at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Wed Apr 6 08:01:20 AEST 1988

In article <4566 at megaron.arizona.edu>, lm at arizona.edu (Larry McVoy) writes:
> In article <10186 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell at hector (Eduardo Krell) writes:
> >And AT&T is not trying to lock you into AT&T products by pushing RFS;
> >there are a lot of non AT&T boxes running System V Release 3 and RFS.
>
> Truth in advertising, please.  How about a list of those boxes?  Maybe
> people will see the light and start to take RFS seriously?
> --
>
> Larry McVoy	lm at arizona.edu or ...!{uwvax,sun}!arizona.edu!lm

I know of at least one company whose workstations run SVR3 and have RFS.
CounterPoint Computer Systems has a operating system they call C-XIX which
is SVR3. The network of choice is RFS. The processor is 680X0. A standard
system comes with 140M of hard disk and 5M of RAM. The company is real and
can be found in Marchs UNIX Review not once, but twice! I seem to remember
NCR's Tower system came with SVR3 and had RFS available, but I could be wrong
there. CounterPoint offers: System 19, System 19K, System 22, and System 22E.

	--Ahead Warp Zillion--dwm ( Daniel W. Meeks @ [ihnp4!]ihlpf!iecp1!dwm )