Remote Dumps...

Steve Blair scb at juniper.UUCP
Tue Apr 12 10:09:36 AEST 1988

Has anyone out there in the net gang ever measured why some ethernet
remote dumps are  equal speeds and loading?
I am appaled that the guy who works in my computer center who's out tonight
sick can waste -2- nights of my departments' time when I am almost done with
13 lvl 0 dumps. 8 of these machines are across the network and the others are right here in computer central.

Seems like I outa get Gordon Liddy to come look into this?

But seriously, with disk controller speeds near to the speeds of some networks
in my opinion, what's causing the loss? Some of the remote machines are on
faster controllers and higher throughputs than the local machines are.....

I am not interested in flames, rather a older Unix(tm) person who's not
had to deal with a 6250 tape drive would like to know#$% backups

$CBlairnix Software
Steve Blair
Cedar Park, Texas

Whip me beat me, JUST DON"T CALL ME JOHN CONNALLY!!!!!