pushing back the bounds of ignorance

Jerome Freedman jfjr at mitre-bedford.ARPA
Fri Apr 1 00:51:36 AEST 1988

  Thanks to all who responded to my question(s) about the
order .cshrc and .login are evaluated. Thanks also
to those who explained the meaning of RTFM to me.
Each day I learn something new. Gosh life is great.

  We are doing some plotting on Suns (screendump|rasfilter8to1|lpr -v)
This works sometimes. Sometimes (when others are logged in)
this gets confused and we get various error messages
having to do with problems with valloc, /dev/fb etc.

  Is this normal? must we live with this or is there a fix?

ps what is a "magic cookie"
ps David Curry (davy at intrepid.ecn.purdue.edu) I can't
get to you from here

Jerry Freedman, Jr      "Love is staying up all night
jfjr at mitre-bedford.arpa   with a sick child,
(617)271-4563            or a healthy adult"