kermit

Eric Sheffer ens598 at leah.Albany.Edu
Sun Apr 10 07:31:05 AEST 1988

In article <914 at stracs.cs.strath.ac.uk>, rk at cs.strath.ac.uk writes:
> In article <715 at btnix.UUCP> crouch at btnix.UUCP (Chris Rouch) writes:
> >I'm trying to transfer binary files from a vax running unix to an IBM PC
> >lookalike using kermit (C-KERMIT 4.2(030) at the unix end, MSKERMIT 2.29
> >IBM end).
> >
> I have never managed to transfer binary files successfully from Unix to
> MS-DOS via kermit.  I always uuencode the files on Unix, transfer the files

  On the UN_X end, try implementing kermit with the -i flag.  It works for me.
                                                                   __  __
Eric Sheffer                                                      / / /  \
ens598 at leah.albany.edu                                           / / / /\ \
Dept. of Geography and Planning                                 / /_/ / _\ \
The University at Albany          "No beach to walk on..."     /_____/ /____\