Nicknames and distribution lists

Richard Hoffman ubiquity at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 3 15:11:18 AEST 1988

In article <3081 at cs.utexas.edu> ubiquity at cs.utexas.edu (me, Richard Hoffman)
writes:
>What is the best way to set up nicknames for use with mail?  For example
>I would like to say "mail friend" instead of "mail friend at computer.domain".
>How about distribution lists?  That is, "mail party" instead of
>"mail george paul ringo".

Thanks to the many people who took the time to tell me how to use .mailrc,
and even to those of you who politely suggested that I should have looked
at "man mail" first.  Sorry to ask such a dumb question: somehow, I was
convinced that the answer would be complicated and would have nothing to
do with mail itself, so it didn't occur to me to start with man.
--
Richard Hoffman / 5751 Valkeith / Houston, TX 77096 / (713) 729-5716
  +- / 12166 Metric Blvd., #122 / Austin,  TX 78757 / (512) 823-1822

"Anybody who is not a misanthrope by age 40 has never truly loved mankind."