What is 'sockets' ???

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Wed Aug 24 04:03:16 AEST 1988

In article <916 at altger.UUCP> amigaeb at altger.UUCP (Ronny Hansen) writes:
>I am trying to learn about socket's, but I cant find anything
>to learn from. No books. No magazines. No nothing.

Look for "A 4.2BSD Interprocess Communication Primer" by S.J. Leffler,
R.S. Fabry, and Bill Joy.  I was looking for a long time for stuff
on sockets until I found this 23-pager buried in the "supplemental
documentation" volumes of my local Ultrix-32 document set.

It's everything you ever wanted to know about sockets, period.

Pure literary review:  it's one of the hardest things to read I've ever
read.  It ain't the material, either.  It's just a style problem.
Well, noone said computerz was e-z...

				--Blair
				  "Although I once said
				   'computerz iz _too_ e-z'..."