Process control in Sys. 5

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Mon Aug 29 15:58:15 AEST 1988

In article <770 at philmds.UUCP> leo at philmds.UUCP (Leo de Wit) writes:
 >Ok, here is what all you helpful people on the net sent me; thanks to all
 >that responded. System V seems indeed to have some kind of job control,
 >notably by shl(1). Enfin, you can see for yourself.
 >This one is in Dutch, actually from someone working on the same floor;
 >I didn't take the effort to translate it.
 >From: hulsebos (Rob Hulsebos)
 >
 > Naar aanleiding van jouw vraag in 'comp.unix.questions' over 5.2 jobcontrol

Can we have some more of this (i.e. postings in foreign languages)? Provides
a great intro to computer jargon in the various languages. I had no idea that
in Dutch one talks about programs "turning" instead of "running". I do notice
the same preponderance of English terms as in German computer jargon --
my favorite in German is "Fietschers" -- spotted in a magazine for Apple users
a couple of years back. What would that be in Dutch?
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD