vi gobbles 8th bit

Mike Schroeder mike at pcsbst.UUCP
Thu Aug 25 01:56:06 AEST 1988

In article <3160 at geac.UUCP> steve at geac.UUCP (Steve Lane) writes:

 [....]

>Is there any option in vi that maintains 8-bit data on exit that anyone
>is aware of? It obviously recognizes that they're there! And I doubt
>whether this "feature" is particular to MKS.

Well, AT&T's SV3.1 vi supports 8-bit character sets (all in
keeping with national language support).

Must admit I don't know whether you can get it for your machine.

Mike Schroeder			(cochise!mike at pcsbst.UUCP)
PCS GmbH; Pfaelzer-Wald-Str. 36; D-8000 Muenchen 90; W. Germany
UUCP:  ...uunet!unido!pcsbst!msc
PS: anyone seen my disclaimer wandering around ?-)