Application of Splay Trees to Data Compression, CACM Aug. 1988

Douglas Jones jones at herky.cs.uiowa.edu
Tue Aug 9 03:22:07 AEST 1988

If you are interested in the C code for a UNIX utility that implements
the data compression and encryption algorithm discussed in the August
issue of Communications of the ACM, send me your E-mail and postal address.

The utility is patterned after the BSD compress command, and it compresses
about as well (sometimes better, sometimes worse, depending on the data being
compressed).

The code is free to anyone in a research setting, but we are restricting
commercial distribution.
					Douglas W. Jones
					jones at herky.cs.uiowa.edu