printing/dumping over network

David Brown david at pyr.gatech.EDU
Thu Aug 11 00:02:47 AEST 1988

  I'm having problems getting a Sun to print and dump to devices that are
  hanging off of my Vax (Running SunOS 3.5 and University of Wisconsin
  4.3+NFS).  I've put my Sun's name in the Vax's /etc/hosts.equiv, as well as
  in the Vax's /etc/hosts.lpd and /etc/hosts.print.  Here's what happens:

>>> lpr TODO
>>> lpq
pirates: /usr/lib/lpd: : Your host does not have line printer access

captkidd: waiting for pirates to come up
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    david      54   TODO                                  172 bytes
# /etc/dump 0nf pirates:/dev/rmt0 /usr
socket: Permission denied

Sun printcap file:

lp|local line printer:Genicom 3310:\
	:lp=/dev/ttyA1:pl#66:br#9600:sd=/usr/spool/lpd:\
	:af=/usr/adm/lpacct:of=/usr/lib/lpf:rw:rs:

Vax printcap file:

lp|pirates|pirates line printer:\
	:lp=:rm=pirates:lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:

  Can someone out there in netland shed some light on this problem?

Thanks!
  David

David Brown
Armstrong State College, Savannah, Georgia
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!david
ARPA: david at pyr.gatech.edu