Adding users (was: Workstations: good reasons for owner root access)

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Thu Aug 25 02:10:01 AEST 1988

In article <1255 at unisoft.UUCP> greywolf at unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:

>geez, you mean I can't add users to my own system without becoming root?

Well I don't know about *can't*, I'm talking more about *shouldn't have to*.
Why should any *clerical* task be delegated to root?  *Super* users have
better things to do than clerical tasks.  No I'm not knocking clerks!  I'll
take an excellent clerk over an average programmer anyday!

>Roan Anderson, Software Engineer, UniSoft Corporation, Emeryville, CA.
>My opinions are my own, but if you're real nice, I'll share...

No thanks :-)

--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM