Wanted: termcap to terminfo translation utility

John L. Wynstra john at bc-cis.UUCP
Sun Aug 21 03:41:20 AEST 1988

	Now that I work for a place that has both a (wierd) XENIX system [the
Altos 2086] that uses termcap and a XENIX/System V on a 386 [the Altos 1000]
that uses terminfo, I have need of a termcap to terminfo translation utility.

	Seems to me such a utility probably exists in public domain software
somewhere (maybe even more than one somewheres :^)   As my boss has asked me
about such a beast and having had vague memories of something broadcast on
the net last year, I thought I'd give this a try.

	Is such a beast available?  And how do I (or rather my company)
acquire it?

	--john wynstra
	US mail (home)	Apt. 9G, 43-10 Kissena Blvd., Flushing, N.Y., 11355
		(work)	Soft Computer, 864 Willis Avenue, Albertson, N.Y.
	Phone	(work)	(516) 248-4411
	UUCP:	rutgers --> cmcl2 --,	| domain style: john at bc-cis.UUCP |
				    +--> phri --> bc-cis --> john
			princeton --|
			columbia  --'

PS: Btw for those of you belonging to USENIX.  I hear about "distribution
tapes" (available with proof of license).  Are these software archives like
the stuff on comp.sources, ie, a public domain sources potpourri, or, are
they more specific, eg, the latest version of `rn'?