vi vs. emacs

Michael A. Petonic mikep at ism780c.isc.com
Thu Aug 4 07:12:12 AEST 1988

In article <1186 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
 >That's why I generally yank to a pattern. For example, "ay/^}^[ is a favorite
 >of mine. Also, how do you do >>% in Emacs?

Well, you could write a lisp function to do it.  In fact, I use one
to indent text in a region with a function that was posted to
the next called 'indent-region'.  If that's too many keys, I can
bind it to a key that I like like ^C^C or something as easily
accessible.

-MikeP
Michael A. Petonic				mikep at ism780c.isc.com

        ``When was the last time you dug a ditch, baby?''