vi and emacs questions : summary of

wombat at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM wombat at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM
Mon Aug 15 13:48:00 AEST 1988

/* Written  6:22 pm  Aug  6, 1988 by paul at cantuar.UUCP in urbsdc:comp.unix.questions */
One person replied that Unix programmers have to know vi, and
that emacs should only be taught to people who already know vi.
/* End of text from urbsdc:comp.unix.questions */

Funny, I thought I'd been a unix programmer for 4+ years but I speak
very little vi (10-15 commands). ed works well enough for getting your
system into a state where it can run emacs.

  "I think you should kill him and eat his brain," Mr. Frostee said quickly.
  "That's not the answer to *every* problem in interpersonal relations,"
Cobb said.				*Software*, Rudy Rucker
	Wombat	uunet!uiucuxc!urbsdc!wombat, wombat at urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM