fun with Unix

Greg Woods woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Sun Aug 28 06:33:25 AEST 1988

In article <36702 at aero.ARPA> JJones at sunkissed.UUCP (Jeffrey R. Jones) writes:
>In article <3315 at ihlpe.ATT.COM> dcon at ihlpe.UUCP (David Connet) writes:
>>>$ sleep with me
>>>usage: sleep time
>>$ sleep with me
>>sleep: bad character in argument
>Our system gives:
>%sleep with me
>Usage: sleep time-in-seconds

% sleep with me?
No match.

I think this was the originally intented line.  We really must be more
careful when we read these things.  There have been so many complaints
about people not specifying the environment in this series of articles,
but I think the problem is often people not paying attention to what
they are reading.  For instance, in my example, and the previous, it
should be obvious that you must use the C-shell.

It's not that funny anyway :-(
--
						Greg Woods.

UUCP: utgpu!woods, utgpu!{ontmoh, ontmoh!ixpierre}!woods
VOICE: (416) 242-7572 [h]		LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada