moving 0.25" tapes between sun and 3b2 (was: Re: Writing HP cartridge tapes on a Sun 3)

Daniel R. Levy levy at ttrdc.UUCP
Tue Aug 23 08:51:42 AEST 1988

In article <301 at pvab.UUCP>, robert at pvab.UUCP (Robert Claeson) writes:
> In article <4799 at netnews.upenn.edu>, spolsky at eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Joel Spolsky) writes:
> > You can, however, move 1/4 tapes between a Sun and an AT&T 3Bn. I've
> > done that.
> How?

If you have the 60 MB SCSI drive (such as what the 3B2/600 has builtin, or
available as a SCSI accessory for other 3B machines), tapes written on
it are readable using /dev/[n]rst8 on a SUN with 0.25" cartridge tape drive
and vice versa.  The 23 MB 3B2/400 streaming drive isn't compatible with
anything on the SUN however.
--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MINE ONLY
| Bell Labs Area 61 (R.I.P., TTY)|  AND ARE NOT TO BE IMPUTED TO AT&T.
|        Skokie, Illinois        |
|-----Path:  att!ttbcad!levy-----|