vi `ei:' (`modeline')

Physically Pffft jlh at loral.UUCP
Wed Oct 19 06:01:50 AEST 1988

In article <1221 at X.UUCP> john at frog.UUCP (John Woods) writes:
>Release 2.0 source tape, straight from AT&T, which we have here does not
>have this hell-spawned modelines feature.

Actually, I was one very happy camper when I discovered the modeline feature.
Different people use different tab settings and using modeline is a pretty
painless way to let anybody with any default setting go in and edit any
file.  There are also some files where I want ignorecase turned off, while
I want it on 95% of the time.  Yes, I know its a security hole.  But it's
such a damned useful little hole.....

							Jim

	"In case of immenent nuclear destruction, I'll be in the Oreo aisle"

--
Jim Harkins
Loral Instrumentation, San Diego