BSD unix books

David J. Wells dj at admin.cognet.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 16 04:10:51 AEST 1988

I am looking for a good BSD book to distribute to users on our network.
These users vary from computer novices to graduate computer science
students who have used non-unix systems, so the book should be a good
introduction as well as an in-depth tutorial.  In fact, it would be
reasonable to have two books:  one for novices and one for experts.

Suggestions?  So far, my two choices are:
	Introducing the Unix System
		by McGilton and Morgan
	BSD Unix Quick Reference
		(a 4x11 inch booklet)

I don't read this group, so please send me email.  You may have to reach
me at uunet!dj at cs.ucla.edu.  If people ask, I will post a summary of the

					thanks,
					  dj
								David J Wells