xbbs

Burt Janz bhj at bhjat.UUCP
Sat Oct 8 12:41:30 AEST 1988

>In article <470 at ka3adu.UUCP> lester at ka3adu.UUCP (lester) writes:
>>Can anyone give me an assist in getting xbbs to compile under Microport/286
>>version 2.3
>>I have version 7.20 directly from Sandy Z's system with, locking.h, and
>>dirent.h. My problem is that when it compiles I get undefined symbols;
>>opendir, readdir, and closedir in 'bbscconf.c'
>
>You need some manner of directory access routines such as what Berkeley
>UNIX has.  SCO Xenix includes these as standards, Microbug requires you to
>get your own.  Fortunately Doug Gwyn posted a set of portable directory
>routines which should help you out.  Check your nearest comp.sources.unix
>archive site for those files.
>--
>John F. Haugh II (jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

/* flame on */

Ok.  That's enough.  It AIN'T MicroPORT's problem.  And, what are "Xenix
...standards..."?  Which Xenix?  Version number?  Manufacturer?  Processor
type?

And, you'd think by now that most reasonable people on the net would have read
that most of the bugs which Microport suffers are NOT their fault, but the fault
of the programmers (?) at ATT (or is it Interactive Systems?) who created the
386 kernel anyway!

(At least I call them Microsoft, not Microflabby!... and SCO, not SuckyO)

/* flame off */

SV/AT is based on System V.2, and does NOT contain the directory routines.
SV/386 is based on System V.3.  It DOES contain the directory routines.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that these are System V standards... I've seen
reference to the use of directory functions in code which references System V.3
as "USG" in the Makefile.  And, this code was send in comp.unix.sources.

BTW, Doug Gwyn's routines work just fine on SV/AT.  I've used 'em.
Thanks, Doug!

Burt Janz
..decvax!bhjat!bhj