uucp working on *anyone's* Altos???

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Sun Oct 16 05:08:41 AEST 1988

As quoted from <678 at blblbl.UUCP> by henrik at blblbl.UUCP (Larry DeLuca):
+---------------
| 	7.  If you're just having mail problems, there is a nasty bug
| 		on the OS that was shipped with the 386/2000 (don't know
| 		if it's still there).  The rmail(1) would barf if you
| 		gave it more than one username, giving a "usage:" message
| 		and exiting, throwing your mail into the bit bucket with
| 		no tracer.  I fixed this by making a link called rmail
| 		to mail(1).
+---------------

(1) Which version of the OS?  Xenix V or System V?  Which release?

(2) I've never seen an rmail that supports multicasting (multiple recipients
in one rmail), although I'm told they exist.  Any mailer that depends on
rmail supporting multiple addresses is incompatible with the rest of the
world.

I've sent mail and files back and forth between 1000's and 2000's and stock
System Vr2 and 4.2BSD UUCP's.  Works fine, IF you set things up right; but
even with HDB UUCP it's a pain in the butt to set up.  (The same is true of
every other UN*X box I've used; quite a few.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S Allbery uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery allbery%ncoast at hal.cwru.edu
(LAST RESORT ONLY:  allbery at uunet.uu.net)			DELPHI: ALLBERY