Front end for DUMP needed

peter d fiorese fiorese at bashful.steinmetz
Fri Oct 28 04:17:25 AEST 1988

  I am looking for some help in writing a front end program for dump.
I want to write multiple dump files to a single tape.  In order to do
this, I must trap dumps messages so that the operators do no change
the tape after every write, but after every tenth write.
  I need to be able to interpret the dump messages, so that the true
error messages go to the screen and to a file (all output from dump is
written to stderr).  I also need to keep track of the number of writes
tape, and compensate when a write fails.
  If you have any information on how my routine can 'intelligently run'
dump, I would appreciate some insight.  If you have information because
you know of, or have a similar application running, I would appreciate
that as well.
  Thank you in advance for your help.

  Pete Fiorese

fiorese at bashful.steinmetz.ge.com	fiorese at ge-crd.ARPA