Swapresponse (What is it?)

Dez derykm at psc90.UUCP
Mon Oct 3 00:55:00 AEST 1988

I received the program Bridge from comp.sources.unix. It was designed
to run on BSD4.3 and a couple of other machines. The program compiled well,
except for look_up.c. It would give me an error, which basically said,
I don't understand "swapresponse". Does anyone know what this is, or have
the source? I included a part of look_up.c.

Thanks.

Deryk

--------------------------look_up.c-------------------------------------
#ifndef lint
static	char sccsid[] = "@(#)look_up.c 1.1 86/02/05 SMI"; /* from UCB 1.2 83/03/28 */
#endif

#include "talk_ctl.h"

    /* see if the local daemon has a invitation for us */

CTL_RESPONSE swapresponse();

check_local()
{
    CTL_RESPONSE response;

	/* the rest of msg was set up in get_names */

    msg.ctl_addr = ctl_addr;

    if (!look_for_invite(&response)) {

	    /* we must be initiating a talk */

	return(0);
    }

        /*
	 * there was an invitation waiting for us,
	 * so connect with the other (hopefully waiting) party
	 */

    current_state = "Waiting to connect with caller";

    response = swapresponse(response);
    while (connect(sockt, &response.addr, sizeof(response.addr)) != 0) {