/usr/lib/uucp/uucico ignores LCK.. files

Jay M. Libove root at libove.UUCP
Sun Oct 9 02:06:39 AEST 1988

[ I posted something about this before, but got little response, and I
  have reason to believe it died before going too far from my site ]

I have a SCO Xenix 80286 v2.2.1 system, and it has one modem, which I
use for manual dial out as well as automatic dial out for UUCP connections.

While I am using it manually, if a cron job comes up that calls
/usr/lib/uucp/uucico, the LCK.. file in /usr/spool/uucp/ will be ignored
and I will get the modem commands being fired out on the line while I
am connected over it! As yet, this has beena nuisance, but I suppose it
stands to be damaging eventually.

I'm running the distribution SCO Xenix system, C-Kermit 4E070 (which
creates /usr/spool/uucp/LCK..ttyxx when you allocate ttyxx), and the
SCO enhanced uucico for telebit trailblazer modems (though I have just
a normal modem - I needed the ability to send BREAKs).

Is this correct behaviour? I was under the impression that C-Kermit used
the LCK.. files because the uucp software had started that convention,
and now here is uucp ignoring it!

Thanks in advance!

Jay Libove		ARPA:	jl42 at andrew.cmu.edu or libove at cs.cmu.edu
5731 Centre Ave, Apt 3	BITnet:	jl42 at andrew or jl42 at drycas
Pittsburgh, PA 15206	UUCP:	uunet!nfsun!libove!libove or
(412) 362-8983		UUCP:	psuvax1!pitt!darth!libove!libove