Unix BBS

Larry Dighera root at conexch.UUCP
Mon Oct 24 22:32:37 AEST 1988

In article <22400004 at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu> fleming at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>	Would somebody please point me in the direction of a public
>	domain or shareware bbs that will run on a unix mainframe?
>	I'm sorry if this is a frequently asked question.
>	Thanks!
>	Declan Fleming
>	University of Illinois

With out a doubt, XBBS is the best BBS software available for UNIX (tm).
It is completely configurable on a per user basis, supports multiple
message areas, file areas, file transfer protocols, and is fully open
ended in that you can add any shell script or application program to
the menu for the use of your users.  The latest release has full usenet
support as well.  The features are just too numerous to mention them all.

The best part is its cost.  It's free for the taking!  Get the latest
version from site alphacm.  The file you want is
	/usr/spool/uucppublic/ALLbbs.tar.Z
Here's a Systems/L.sys entery you can use:

	alphacm Any ACU 2400 8988634 "" "" ogin:-"BREAK"-ogin: nuucp

There are several hundred sites now running XBBS including AT&T,
IBM, The Justice Department, NYU, ...

Larry Dighera

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)