LCK.. upon enabling a port

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Fri Oct 28 05:40:11 AEST 1988

I use a tty port with its modem for both incoming and outgoing traffic.
Either in a front-end script, like 'poll', or in shell aliases, I insert
'disable ttyXX' and 'enable ttyXX' before and after the real 'uucp' 'cu',
'uucico', 'xcomm', or whatever else I'm using to call out with.

But life would be simpler if 'init' were to create a standard LCK..ttyXX
file. Why doesn't 'init' have a lockfile for any port it's running on,
just like all those call-out programs do?
--

Time is nature's way of				Jean-Pierre Radley
making sure that everything			jpr at dasys1.UUCP