setting up UUCP on SunOS4.0

carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 18 03:28:00 AEST 1988

This is a simple question, so *please respond by email*. Thank you.

I'm trying to connect UUPC on my AT to a Sun 3/60 running SunOS4.0.
I've got the AT working, now I need to fiddle with the Sun.
The key question is - what files do I need to fix, and do I need to
create a special logon? I am not very familiar with BSD (I hang out
on SysV mostly), and I can't find any reference to this topic in the
manuals I have. My SysV manauls discuss it, but refer to files that don't
exist on the BSD system, although that might be because UUCP is not
enabled. Could some kind soul either explain how to do this to me,
or give me pointers into BSD manuals? Many thanks!

Alan M. Carroll          "How many danger signs did you ignore?
carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu     How many times had you heard it all before?" - AP&EW
CS Grad / U of Ill @ Urbana    ...{ucbvax,pur-ee,convex}!s.cs.uiuc.edu!carroll