TSO file transfer to UNIX

SWBT Info Systems Guest Acct iso at swbatl.UUCP
Thu Oct 13 05:06:07 AEST 1988

This is an old question but we have just brought it up again, is there a
package out there that will allow a fast and efficient means to tranfer
data files from a TSO mainframe environment to a UNIX environment.  The
constraints are: 1) that it not be in the form of a tape, 2) not be Kermit
3) not be RJE.  We have been looking at the HLLAPI product and have used it
make the connection between our Unix box thru a SNA port to the mainframe.
In this product is a means to tranfer files in the method in question but it
doesn't seem to work.  If someone has done it successfully I would like to
hear about it.  Any information about another package commercial or public
domain would be appreciated.

      Gregg Jensen
    These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect my companies.

      Southwestern Bell Telephone
      OBC
      St. Louis, MO.

      Send E-MAIL to the following address...