????? HELP!!! what is wrong with this code? ???????

Robert A. Monio pnessutt at nis.mn.org
Sat Oct 15 22:09:47 AEST 1988

In article <8650 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <8271 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes:
>>>"test.c", line 7: warning: illegal combination of pointer and integer, op =
>>(Please let's not flame this beginner, and let's not start a long discussion
>>about what's wrong with this code)
>
>How about flaming incorrect answers?  Is that okay?

Flaming incorrect answers is okay only if the attitude presented is
not offensive.  I didn't view your response as offensive. The original
answer provided had no real correlation to the question asked other
than to point out a potential problem with his usage of 'test' program
names.

>>Your code is just fine. The problem is that you named your program "test".
>
>All that is worth warning people about, but it has nothing to do
>with the fellow's problem.

Indeed.  Thanks for providing the correct answer, Doug.

--
"Goooooooooood                                                 Robert A. Monio
     Moooooooorning                         National Information Systems, Inc.
         Discovery!!"                                      pnessutt at nis.mn.org
              -- Robin Williams            ..uunet!rosevax!bungia!nis!pnessutt