Fudging binaries

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Tue Oct 18 07:32:37 AEST 1988

In article <15469 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, weemba at garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
> In article <2965 at ci.sei.cmu.edu>, pdb at sei (Patrick Barron) writes:
> >[...] change it in the binary.  Just as long as the string you're
> >changing is of equal or greater length than what you're changing it to,
> >you'll be fine.  Be careful not to change the total size of the file.
> >Sort of grody, but it works.
>
> Long ago I wrote a fudge.c that takes octal addresses (gleaned from

Or, you can buy hexpose from us.  It is a file editor that allows you
to search and edit any file in both ASCII and hex.
Yes, we originally wrote it to do some file patching.
For details, contact:
	Sandy Webb
	SSC, Inc.
	P.O. Box 55549
	Seattle, WA 98155
	(206) FOR-UNIX
	{uunet!pilchuck,attmail}!ssc!san
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl