USENET/uucp Books (Summary)

Richard Kaplan rkaplan at uunet!gould!umbio!medsoft
Mon Oct 3 03:08:38 AEST 1988

A while back I posted an inquiry for info about USENET/uucp books.
I received quite a bit of mail, but there were only 3 books which were
recommended to me.  Thanks to all who responded

USING UUCP AND USENET from O'Reilly & Associates is a simplistic but
very useful introduction to the topic.  Contact the publisher
at 1-800-338-NUTS.  ISBN 0-937175-10-2

MANAGING UUCP AND USENET from O'Reilly & Associates is a more advanced
book which concentrates on the administrative aspects of running a
uucp/USENET system.  Contact the publisher at 1-800-338-NUTS.
ISBN 0-937175-09-

UNIX COMMUNICATIONS from Howard W. Sams & Company  seems to be THE
definitive guide to USENET and uucp.  IF I HAD TO PICK ONE BOOK,
THIS WOULD BE THE ONE.  Contact the publisher at 1-800-428-SAMS.
ISBN 0-672-22511-5

Finally, the following book was listed in the appendix of UNIX COMMUNICATIONS,
but I have not personally seen it:

Stigliani, Joan.  UUCP MANAGEMENT GUIDE.  Masscomp Computer Corp.,
1985.

USENET is also a good source of info about itself.  Check out these
newsgroups:

news.announce.newusers
news.groups
news.lists
news.misc

--
Richard Kaplan - via FidoNet node 1:135/3
Medical Software Exchange BBS (305) 325-8709