halt not by root

Admin root at amyerg.UUCP
Sun Oct 2 14:07:02 AEST 1988

What I need to be able to do is to have a program or script which can do a
system shutdown, fsck my user partition, then reinit the system to level
2. The reason I need it is because of my inodes occasionally deciding to
disappear from the face of the earth during an rnews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have only a 30 meg HD on my
3b2/300, so setting up another partition for my news is not possible.

--
Ewan Grantham (601) 354-6454 ext. 412  Miss. Dept. of Corrections
{}!swbatl!amyerg!egranthm             (The Prison People)