Modelling tools for UNIX minicomputers

Mott Given ntm1169 at dsacg1.UUCP
Wed Sep 14 02:29:29 AEST 1988

I am interested in finding ways to do capacity planning for Gould minicompu-
ters running UNIX.  We have several modelling tools from BGS Systems, such
as CRYSTAL and Best/1, which could be used to build models if you had the
right pathlengths for the resources consumed in UNIX operations and if you
entered the proper input by hand.  My questions are as follows:
    1) Has anyone ever used Best/1 or CRYSTAL to build a model of a UNIX
    system, and if so, how they did it?
    2) Does anyone know of any other products or methods which can be used
    to build models of UNIX systems?  Unfortunately, it seems that most of
    the modelling software available was designed for the IBM mainframe
    world.
    3) Can anyone refer me to any good references on the literature (?) on
    UNIX modelling?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Mott Given @ Defense Logistics Agency ,DSAC-TMP, P.O. Box 1605,
	    Systems Automation Center, Columbus, OH 43216-5002