SCO Xenix 286 TCP/IP?

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Mon Sep 12 10:10:26 AEST 1988

> If you understood what it meant to provide a "compatible" NFS client,
> you would understand that Excelan, which provides only a TCP/IP card with
> a set of private utilities, has no access to the higher NFS/RPC layer which
> must necessarily be integrated tightly into the kernel.

Steve,

I SURE do know what is involved in adding NFS server/client capabilities
into Xenix since I was involved in adding it to other compatible
*nixes. It just seems strange to me that SCO and Excelan haven't joined
forces to provide this product. Like yourself, I too know that SCO is working
on the project; however, the way things are going, other '386 Unixes will
have it before SCO.

Sanford ( sandy ) Zelkovitz