IBM AIX

mdeleo at lynx.northeastern.edu mdeleo at lynx.northeastern.edu
Thu Sep 1 08:09:04 AEST 1988

I was wondering if anyone out there has already seen or know something
worth knowing about IBM's new "UNIX" operating system AIX ???
>From what I have heard it is suppose to be 99-100% compatable with the
famed SYSTEM V Unix.  But how compatable will it really be ???

Will it work with the "C","Bourne", and "K" shells?

Will it add alot of features that we have all been yelling for from
AT&T and/or Berkley over these past years ???

Can anyone help me address these questions ???
If so please reply....
	net: mdeleo at lynx.northeastern.edu
	     acm_md at nuhub.northeastern.edu
	voice: 1-800-227-0707  ext: 5486